Mosaic Tile Co., Zanesville, OH 1894-1972
This is a decal or transfer tile made by transferring the paper image onto the pre-fired ceramic, which is then fired again. The windmill is the prominent feature, with a sailboat in the background, and fleur de lys in the corners. The original paper label is affixed to the back. See this in Norman Karlson’s Encyclopedia of American Art Tile, Region 3, page 111.
6″ square x 3/4″ thick
Great condition; signed
Qty = 1